Friday, August 6, 2010

Senegal’s New Salt Industry

Today I spent my first official day as a Senegalese farmer. It was tough, but respectable work.

It was so hot and humid, I sweat a lot (nothing new there). However, after sitting in the shade and “drying off” for a few minutes, I had nice, white, solid salt crystals formed on my arms. They tasted like pure salt, which was fascinating. Then it quickly made me realize how intensely dehydrated I must’ve been.

Note to parents/family/friends: Please add Gatorade to care packages from now on J


--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Dehydration is fun, isn't it? What flavor of Gatorade since you have the chance to pick? Also what are the customs rules for packages to Senegal? I know about Bulgaria's but haven't had a chance to look at Senegal yet.

    ReplyDelete