Monday, November 15, 2010

Sheep on the Loose!

I realize it’s not nearly as catchy as “caboose on the loose!” but this is what was shouted as I spent the morning full out sprinting after a runaway Tabaski sheep. This sheep, being washed and fattened for our upcoming Tabaski, accidently got untied and ran very fast about a quarter km from our house before being caught and dragged back home.

I’m guessing it understood its inevitable fate in 48 hours, hence the frantic sprint. Perhaps it also foresaw that I would be fat and lazy for the next couple days after eating its juicy meat and therefore needed some preemptive exercise. But that implies this animal has some intelligence, which is far from the truth…Either way, I will and should be thanking it….


--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment