Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tabaski 2010

"Baal ma aq. Yalla na Yalla boole baal" (Forgive all my sins. May Allah pardon us through the next year).

Tabaski: Just a lil reminder, the Islamic holiday when God provides a ram for Abraham to sacrifice, thus sparing his son's life.

The holiday was same as last year, the whole community praying out our mosque, fun shiny clothing, delicious and freshly slaughtered sheep, parties. This time, since being in country and service for about 1 year now, I've become more integrated and therefore enjoyed the cultural celebrations and festivities a lot more with my friends and family.

Negative Side Effects: After eating about 80% of my year's consumption of meat in about 48 hours, this is a bad time to have constipation issues. Although I'm not sure if this is worse to suffer or, as we say in Wolof, having a "stomach that runs"

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment