Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A taste of home

I was walking through a new shopping mall in downtown Shenzhen with my family and stumbled upon America's own Coldstone Creamery. The Chinese shops are exactly the same. Same smells, same colors, same sounds, same greetings and scripted lines (just in Chinese), and same fake smiles.

Being in that shop for the 30 seconds I was there brought back all the horrible memories of working there. It was my first high school job, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. But man, I really hated that job...

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

1 comment:

  1. However, I've been informed that there is a mandatory song from the staff in America when someone tips them. No opportunity to test this, since no tips. Hard to say how it would go, since they would have no idea what was happening and yet everyone loves to sing here...

    P.S. Just found your blog! More means to stalk you like a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete