Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Due to a large Senegalese holiday coming up this weekend, the PCVs celebrated Thanksgiving a day in advance.

Our menu:
- Turkey (yes we have them here)
- Mash sweet potatoes and potatoes
- Beef stew
- Cucumber Salad
- Millet corn bread
- Chocolate-Peanut butter cookies
- Upside Down pineapple cake

Staff: The cook staff was headed by 3 main people, and a handful of sous-chefs (including me). Cooking started at about 4am and finished by 5pm.

The dinner was great, the food was delicious, and the celebration was wonderful. Of course, I miss my family and our traditions, but this is my new family and my new celebration.

What Byron Yee is Thankful For:
1. A big meal that keeps me full for more than 30 minutes
2. A house full of friends
3. Cassie, my nearest neighbor, who will inevitably become a great work partner and my best friend for the next two years.
4. Health, safety, and the ability to serve this beautiful country.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy the Macy's Day Parade for me please.


**Pictures will be added to my album soon. http://www.picasaweb.google.com/TheByronYee

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment