Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cashews, yum!

I've been working with an NGO to try to help my community get some technical training and assistance in forming a co-op of cashew produces. So for the past two days I attended sessions on quality control, plantation maintenance, storage procedures, etc all in Wolof. So if you need to know anything about cashews, you'll need to understand wolof before I can explain anything.

The day the trainings officially started, I glanced at my notes and noticed that I first starting working with this group 362 days before and this was the very first tangible result of my work. So, either I just underwent a year-long lesson in patience, or Allah was finally bored of teasing me and full on slapped me in the face...

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment