Saturday, May 7, 2011

La Couverture Universelle des Moustiquaires

The country's government is currently tackling a program to provide universal mosquito net coverage to every single household in the entire country. This follows the goal to decrease the number of malaria deaths by 80% by 2015. BTW, malaria is the number 1 killer in Senegal.

So, off to the races - sort of. I spent 3 days in 3 all day meetings planning and prepping for this logistical nightmare. After feeling very bored and braindead, I can at least explain the entire program in French.

The powerpoints, speakers, and doodles in my notebook reminded me of college except for the minor difference of:
- The presentations were all in French
- I had no homework assignments
- I was the youngest person by 15+years AND the only Asian American.

--Byron YeePeace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment