Friday, October 14, 2011

I live next door to a genius

It's true. His English name is Jack, he's in middle school, and his mother is another English teacher here at this school. Everyday we hang out and talk in a strange mix of English and Chinese, 50% of which I understand (which is NOT always just the English part).

Yesterday he brought his chess board over, so I thought I'd give it a whirl knowing that it'd been over 5 years since playing that game. He also brought over his Rubik's cube, which he solved 10 minutes into our game, then proceeded to put me in checkmate several minutes later. Hmm, let me count the ways I feel incredibly stupid right now...

But today I got him back - meaning I won. He still solved his dang cube during the game though.

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment