Friday, April 2, 2010

Bonne Anniversaire à Moi !

I spent my actual birthday vaccinating children, as I found this more important than a huge celebration. Nonetheless, I did take a bit of time with my family to celebrate. We sat around and drank orange soda and delicious Muddy-Buddies all the way from the USA (Thanks Mom!), and sealed the deal with a little dancing. Also, two of my friends struggled through the infamous “Happy Birthday” song in English, which was absolutely charming.

Thanks all for the cards, thoughts, and love! And I will be having an actual party with other PCVs in a couple weeks…

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a teacher from Washington, DC and will be in Kaffrine from 15/16 April until 21 April. I am working with a teacher there through an exchange program supported by the Department of State. I am just checking to see who might be in the area that could serve as an additional contact. I will be leaving for Dakar on the 9th, but will have access to email.

    ReplyDelete