Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bonne Annee & Dewenati!

My New Year's celebration was celebrated close by in Toubacouta with just a handful of other PCVs.

The day included a 22km bike ride, 2 beers, a 45 min. nap, half a chicken for dinner, and an immeasurable amount of whiskey. Not that quantifying any of my experience is important...Also, the infamous song "Aude Lang Syne" does NOT translate into Wolof very easily.

Here's to a year of even more exciting and unknown adventures.

*Also a quick shout-out to Garrison's dad, who apparently reads my blog. Just to let you know, your son is in good hands and in the care of a fellow theatre major :) Although, knowing what your theatre son is already like, when you hear that there's another, you may be LESS vs. more comforted...

--Byron YeePeace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hey Byron,

    thanks for the shoutout. I am indeed a fan. I like reading your blog because it's always quick, funny and current. It helps me understand the daily life you guys are living. Thanks for looking out for Garrison, we appreciate that.

    Let me know it there's anything we can ever do for you or send (like Patagonia stuff) when we send packages to Garrison, no problem.

    Be well, Randy (Garrison's dad)

    ReplyDelete