Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cassie’s Mom Visits Senegal!

Last weekend, my wonderful sitemate and equally wonderful mother came to visit me and my family in Karang. Quick highlights of our day:


- Walked to our big community garden and farm field. Luckily it was a cooler morning
- Received a gift of cheeze its and homemade cookies!
- Got a new pair of Chacos delivered to me from the US
- I killed a chicken in honor of our special guests. (my first slaughered chicken ever)
- Ate a very delicious lunch of Yassa Poulet
- Lots of hugs

So overall, it was a pretty fantastic day and an awesome visit. Thanks for visiting Kay, and safe travels (and health) on your way back home. I promise I'll return the favor and visit you someday.


--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment