Saturday, April 9, 2011

A moment of selflessness

Even though this blog is titled "Byron Yee's Grand Adventures," there are plenty of people here and on the homefront who've really been a huge part of my experience. Thus, a quick shoutout to several important people.

-Emily Tran - my region mate: congrats on getting your vacation approved! You and Tim (and your sis) are gonna have an awesome time in London. Enjoy your break from this trying country and have an awesome time speaking English for a change.

- Cassie - my sitemate: Stop getting sick!! I'm so sorry your body hates Senegal, but you're welcome to raid my medkit anytime.

- Nina - my best friend: Hugs and kisses and a whole lotta love. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you and sending my Wolof blessings.

- Vince - my other BFF: If I'm in Senegal and we are known as Senegalese, what do they call people in New Mexico? BTW, do they speak a special dialect of Spanish there? ;)

- Pammy- my sis: Congrats again on your promise ring. Never expected my little sis would beat me to the alter as well. Don't worry, my bride will come soon - I just don't know which country she's from or what language she'll speak...

To the other 20+ blog followers and everyone else, thanks for checking in and sticking with me. I hope my stories and blogs are both informative, fun, and share a slice of my life here.

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment