Thursday, April 14, 2011

Visitin' a Buddy

This past weekend, I finally had the time to visit another region mate (and fellow theatre geek!)

Garrison, aka Lamine Seydi, lives in a charming Serere village close to the delta. I was able to spend a day with him and help him with several of his awesome projects. It was also a chance to put my Serere language skills to the test - I passed but barely. However, after spending 24 hours in a Serere village, it took me a second to switch back to Wolof once getting back home.

Not that that mattered because upon immediately entering my house, I was greeted by my Pulaar neighbors in Pulaar and Mandinka.

My head hurts...

*PS. Garrison's dad, I know you read my blog, so I just wanted to say that your son is in good health and working hard. (And no, I'm not just saying that to get free Patagonia clothing from you)

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment