Monday, June 27, 2011

On the Road

Did you know that two very fat women who eat way too much rice outweigh a horse? Given the right leverage (a horse cart apparently provides the perfect fulcrum), a couple large ladies can levitate a horse. It was actually pretty amazing to see a horse dangling in the air on one side and a bunch of round women rolling in the sand on the other. Luckily, I saw that the horse was struggling with a heavy load and side stepped the danger zone before anything bad happened. But rather that stopping to help, I quickly walked away and tried to stifle my laughter.

Karma has a way of knowing these things…I walked past this incident only to get into a car and was surrounded by even fatter women. I was sitting in some sort of twisted fetal position, then realized the lower half of my body was falling asleep, which I took for Allah’s way of punishing me for my poor community service efforts and even poorer sense of humor.

--

Byron Yee

Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment