Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time for a bit of moisture

Last night, I thought it seemed unusually humid...Sure enough, we had our very first rain in about 9 months. This welcomes the start of the rainy season, which is now about 15 days away.

As the saying goes: March scorchers bring April dust storms, which make way for May droughts, which bring June delirium - or something like that.

This also mean that it'll be grossly humid for 15 days until the moisture saturates enough to rain. How humid? Yesterday, I was carrying bags of dry cement and the sweat on my arms mixed with the powder to create quite the solid cast. But it was so humid, it never dried enough to set. I was so wet from sweat, I decided to take a shower, but drying off created enough body heat that I was yet again, drenched with sweat.

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment