Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Authentic Seattle Gifts

It is tradition for a foreign teacher to offer gifts to the headmaster and other important teaching partners when starting the school year.

Before leaving the states, I found some nice, small, and simple souvenirs with pictures and images of Seattle, my hometown. I thought that this would be a pretty and appropriate gift because of the authenticity and beauty of the city. Local goods make great gifts.

However, right before giving these gifts, I looked to make sure there were no price tags. Good thing I checked. I didn't find any price tags, but rather I found stickers that said 3 little words you've seen many times "Made In China."

Well, it's the thought that counts, right?

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment