Sunday, September 18, 2011

Teacher Day

Last weekend was China's national Teacher Day.

Although I'd only been an official teacher for about 1.5 weeks at that point, all 300+ staff at our school were invited to an extravagant banquet dinner at a nearby hotel.  My colleagues informed me that other teachers would be performing, so naturally I agreed to do a little somethin.

Those performances consisted of blaring karaoke music and even louder singing. It was epic. Then I got up with a guitar and performed a live version of "We Are the World" by Michael Jackson. Of course they loved it (I actually really hate that song).

That morning in school, I was showered with flowers and cards from my students - all of whom were teenage girls who are apparently in love with me. *Sigh* Being a working man is tough ;)

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment