Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fresh samples

This morning, I went into the doctor's office in order to arrange for my Fresh Stool Sample (their exact terminology) to be made. Backing up, I ate a fried egg sandwich from a street corner and a very large mango given to me by a driver last night in preparation for this event.

I asked the doctor what sort of sample size she wanted. She replied, "About a teaspoon, no more."

I immediately bit my tongue as to stifle my urge to as a follow up question "Is that heaping or level?"

It's a good thing I've still held onto some twisted sense of professionalism. And all professionalism aside, that's just kinda gross.

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

1 comment:

  1. I just burst into a fit of laughter. You are hilarious my friend.

    ReplyDelete