Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Last...lunch

Well, there was no wine involved, but there were about a dozen people. There was also an intensely delicious chicken lunch cooked by me, my mother and my sister.

It's already that time, time to say goodbye and leave site. I spent the last day with my family cooking lunch, playing with my siblings, drinking tea, and just trying to be present and patient. I showered my family with all sorts of gifts (if you visit and see the entire family wearing "Relay 4 Life" Tshirts, you can guess where they may have come from). I am extremely grateful and forever indebted to their care, comfort, and patience with me and my silly American ways.

So to the family of Badou Mboup, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I could say that in every language I know and it still wouldn't suffice.

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Volunteer - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment