Sunday, October 4, 2009

Beach Day!

The day following Korite, I didn't have class. After lunch my family asked me if I wanted to go to a nearby beach. Why would anyone ever say no?!

We clambered into a vehicle that was a hybrid b/t a pick up truck and an Oregon Trail covered wagon. Somehow we managed to fit 21 people, food, and of course the tea set, which is crucial to a successful beach day.

The car was very warm and crowded, but not too unsafe. The it stopped twice: once to buy watermelon, once because a passenger fell out.

The beach was beautiful, sunny, breezy, and the riptides were strong. But watermelon and tea were delicious and I couldn't have had a better time with my crazy family.

Pictures speak better (and more efficiently) than words. Check it out: http://picasaweb.google.com/thebyronyee/BeachDayWithTheFamily#

PS. I am tan, just not compared to my family...

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Trainee - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment