Sunday, October 4, 2009

Languague Test #2

Last week we had our 2nd of 3 language tests.

All last week I made a huge effort to speak only in Wolof and a little French. It helped, I think. It was just very exhausting.

In order to pass PST and become an official volunteer, you need to test into Intermediate-Mid level of language.

Score for Test #2: Intermediate Mid. Yay! Now my language work is just for improvement, but I have adequate language skills to become a PCV.

Speaking of which, my Swear In date is October 16th. If my tests go well, I'll officially start my 2 years of service on that date. This also means only 2 more weeks of rigorous and exhausting training before I move into my permanet site.

Please wish me luck, patience, and endurance. Thanks!

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Trainee - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment