Saturday, October 17, 2009

Seetkat

Seetkat: Basically a Muslim fortune teller.

And when better to visit a seetkat than to practice the Future Tense in Wolof?!

After whispering a prayer into a handful of shells, our seetkat told us each of our fortunes. Here's my life according to her:

- You are in God's good grace
- Your family is well. There are lots of people thinking of you in the USA
- You will have two great jobs; 1 in Senegal, and one in the USA when you return.
* You will have 3 girls in your life. I think she was implying that I will have 3 beautiful daughters vs. 3 gorgeous girlfriends, but I'm open to interpretation...

Anyway, to all you family and friends thinking of me at home. Thanks so much!

--
Byron Yee
Peace Corps Trainee - Senegal, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment