Monday, November 14, 2011

10km Midnight Charity Run

This Saturday, a local charity called Captivating International (http://captivating.org/) held their 3rd annual midnight charity run. Because I'm crazy and slowly getting into running, I chose to run the 10km race as the 5km option was "too fun" for me.

Aside from the fact that we were running at midnight (way past my bedtime), yet there were a surprising number of pedestrians and motobikes out, the race went rather well.

My time: 49min and a few seconds. That was my personal best and was also just 1 minute behind the fastest female. But to be wholly fare and depressing - 6 minutes behind the fastest male. The important thing was that I ran rather fast for myself. More importantly, I had a chance to participate in a charity event and am working with my school students and staff on collecting some donations as well.

The organization threw us an after-race party as well. Although I should warn you, beer after 10km is a really bad choice. Seriously, not a good idea guys...

--
Byron Yee TEFL
English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment