Monday, November 28, 2011

Another Trilogy bites the dust

Well, I'm not ready as much as when I was in Senegal. I have a little less free time as well as a lot more distractions from TV, internet, and all the joys of the modern age.

But I recently just finished reading Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne trilogy. It comes highly recommended as its full of action, plot twists, and bits and pieces of various languages. All around a very intelligently and interestingly written set of books.

A couple warnings: First, don't read these back to back. Their too intense and exciting for that. Also, don't be expecting it to be anything like the movies. The movies are really good, but as always - the books are incomparable.

Did you know that Jason Bourne speaks English, chinese, and French fluently?? Hmm, you know if this whole teaching English gig doesn't work out for me, I may be sending my resume and cover letter over to the CIA. I'm not sure how the interview process works to become a secret agent, but as soon as my Chinese gets better and I brush up on my kungfu, I'm pretty much a shoe-in.

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment