Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Speech Competition

Last week our school district had an English speech competition for all the local high schools. One of my students was selected to represent our school and so I worked with him over the past month. Our coaching included everything I learned including grammar, pronunciation, body language, expression, etc. However, the added challenge was that I had to coach him based on his level and comprehension of English.

He did very well. So well in fact, that he scored 2nd place in our district competition. That's the highest anyone has ever school for our school. So we were all very happy and proud of Chiho. Nice work kid! And thanks for giving me more of a purpose in life :)


--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment