Sunday, November 6, 2011

More trouble reading signs

I was out and about the other afternoon and passed by what looked like a peculiar cyber cafe. It was strange looking because there was only one single computer in the entire room and also a full steering wheel and pedal set. Hmm, the owner must be a serious gamer.

I generally don't look at signs because my Chinese character vocabulary is very limited and therefore cannot read anything. But out of sheer curiosity, I decided to look this one time. This decision was met with immediate satisfaction and regret - painted on the sign in bright ENGLISH letters: "Driving School"

There are some days when my Chinese fails and I feel like an idiot. Then there are other days when my first and native language fail me and that's when I really feel stupid...

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment