Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grassroots Vocab Lessons

Today on my way back from Chinese class, I learned how to say "make love" in Chinese. It's exactly the same in English (to make + to love + particle). How exactly did I stumble upon this new word?

Well, on the way to class, my driver and I were staring and commenting about a voluptuous women running down the street towards us a catch a taxi. I leave your imagination to what he may have said. Then on the way home, we passed by the sketchy street of town and collected a man's "business" card. Hence my lesson in how to say "make love."

Now, I know exactly where to find some scandalous women, as well as what to request from them if the depressingly desperate need arises. Ironically, I learned more on the ride to/from class than from sitting in my actual Chinese class.

--
Byron Yee
TEFL English Teacher - Shenzhen, China

No comments:

Post a Comment